Joey Schneider: Sticks and shoes

Senior Joey Schneider is the #1 entrepreneur and reseller in Hudson
Senior Joey Schneider examines his collection of shoes. The most popular shoes he sells are the different Nike shoes he has. Used with permission/Joey Schneider.

Entrepreneurship is the pursuit of starting, managing and scaling a business. It combines innovation, skill and vision to develop new products, services or ideas that create value for a target audience.

Joey Schneider, a senior at Hudson High School, started his first business when he was in 6th grade, re-stringing lacrosse sticks and charging teammates. The average cost for restringing started at $25, not including mesh. Quickly, Schneider advanced to selling equipment online and made around $10,000 in sales.

96% of people who are self-employed have no desire to go back to a regular job. Schneider agreed, stating, “Once I started, I knew I did not want a typical job when I was older.”

He sold more inexpensive shoes at first, but he grew to become the biggest reseller in Hudson, dealing with products from name brands such as Yeezy and Nike.

Now that Schneider is a senior, he has to decide if he wishes to continue. Schneider remarked that he plans to attend either Michigan State University or West Virginia University to major in finance and a possible minor in entrepreneurship. When searching for funding for a business concept or developing a partnership, a degree in entrepreneurship can add credibility.

“I plan to keep my business in college,” Schneider asserted. It will be a big change for him, and he will make adjustments, but his business is something he will not give up. With Schneider also planning to major in finance, he will focus on studying financial theories and how they apply in the business world to help companies and individuals make and manage money.

The majors he has planned are perfect for the entrepreneurial path he plans to take. “I love reselling. Dealing with shoes is my favorite hobby,” Schneider shared. He has a personal collection of 25 pairs in stock. He also sells clothing such as essential hoodies and Hudson High School attire, along with golf equipment. Schneider said, “Truly, anything I find intriguing, I want to find a way to sell it. This is how I became the entrepreneur I am today.”

Being an entrepreneur means there’s no one route or ‘right way’ to success. This flexibility is what led Schneider to that career path in the first place. Job satisfaction greatly impacts one’s motivation and productivity, which, in turn, affects the performance of one’s company. For Schneider, being extremely satisfied with his job will allow him to continue to do great things.

$200
$500