The Student News Site of Hudson High School

The Explorer

The Explorer

The Explorer

Decked out Drinks: Holiday Starbucks Menu

For the start of winter, these delightful drinks bring out the best of the holidays
Emily Stevens
Sophomores Sammie Bielecki and Adalyn Gibson, hold up their favorite holiday Starbucks drinks, the Iced Caramel Brulee Latte and the Iced Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte.

After the beloved fall menu drinks, the highly anticipated holiday drinks have arrived in-store as of November 2nd. With numerous options to choose from, there is something for everyone. There are four hot-drink cup options, including fun, hot-pink splashes of color. There is also a new cold cup option decked out in white ornament designs. Joining the lineup is a brand-new drink: Gingerbread Oat Milk Chai. And, of course, there are still the oldies but goodies, Peppermint Mocha, Caramel Brûlée Latte, Chestnut Praline Latte and Iced Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte.

Iced Gingerbread Oat Milk Chai: Starting off the list is the new 2023 drink. After trying the Pumpkin Chai for the fall drinks, this new chai was very anticipated. With a blend of oat milk and black tea, this drink is complex. It’s also infused with cinnamon and warming spices and topped with a dash of spice topping. An anonymous junior shared that the drink is “too watered down” and that the “gingerbread spices overthrow the chai spices, making it a complicated variation of flavor.” It is also described as being overly-sweet.

Caramel Brûlée Latte: For a sugary option, the Caramel Brûlée Latte is perfect for a sweet tooth. Although it holds a strong caramel flavor, the coffee gives it a good balance of flavors. Sprinkled with caramelized sugar, it gives a crunchy topping. Ranking lower on HHS students lists of holiday favorites, many complain that the caramel is just too strong to taste any other flavoring associated with the drink. That being said, if caramel is a favorite, this drink will satisfy that craving.

The Iced Caramel Brulee Latte is one of the most well-liked drinks part of the holiday menu. (Emily Stevens)

Peppermint Mocha: Standing at the top most-loved holiday drinks that Starbucks offers, the Peppermint Mocha is crafted to perfection. The peppermint leaves a fresh feeling after sipping the drink and when paired with the mocha, it is the perfect blend of flavors. The caffeine and the peppermint leaves customers feeling awake and refreshed after drinking.

Chestnut Praline Latte: Another favorite, the Chestnut Praline Latte is a holiday essential. The caramelized chestnut flavors mixed in with Starbucks’ signature Espresso, topped with spiced praline crumbs, is the perfect drink for a cold winter’s day. With notes of cinnamon, clove and ginger, the spices really shine in the Chestnut Praline Latte.

Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte: The IT girl of the holiday drinks, the Iced Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte is truly all that. Tasting incredibly similar to a freshly baked sugar cookie, it really is the whole package. The real backbone of the drink is Starbucks’ new sugar cookie syrup. For a non-dairy option, the hints of vanilla and sugar cookie pairs so well with the almond milk. The latte is creamy and smooth, with a clear velvet texture. Topped with rainbow sprinkles, this drink was easily recognized as sugar cookie-inspired.

As for the appearance of all of Starbucks’ holiday drinks, they’re always a ten out of ten. Topped with all sorts of various whipped creams, cold foams and crumbles, there is seriously something for everyone. With the customization feature, making your own version of the drinks is exceptionally easy. For non-dairy holiday lovers, many would recommend the Iced Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte. As the holidays are in full swing, make sure to test out these drinks!

$150
$500