Dancer Quin Prado spins through her senior year

Quin Prado performs at the Akron Civic Theater every winter for the Nutcracker. This past year, she was the Sugar Plum Fairy. Used with permission/Quin Prado.

Senior Quin Prado has made her mark at HHS as an accomplished dancer, ASL student and friend. Next year, she will continue her dance career at Butler University in Indiana. 

“I decided to double major in college. My first being Dance Performance and my second being Dance Administration.” She is also considering a minor in marketing. 

Prado has always known dance to be such an important part of her life, “I didn’t know what I wanted to do in the future until December, when I realized what is going to make me happiest is to continue dancing.” Prado plans to choreograph and teach dances with her degree rather than become a professional dancer. This job requires skill and creativity along with a passion and love for dance that, without a doubt, Prado already has. 

Butler University is a private university in Indianapolis, Indiana. Prado shares how she wanted to find a campus where she could see herself and have a place where she could fit in, “I decided to go to Butler because it felt right. When I visited campus, I could see myself there in the future.” Butler’s dance program is consistently acknowledged among the top five classical dance programs in the country. Prado received a scholarship as well, which helped her achieve her goal of continuing her dance education in college at her favorite university.

As far as high school goes, Prado says her biggest accomplishment is sticking with ASL all four years of high school and having an opportunity to learn a language that many people don’t know. She is also a part of the American Sign Language Honors Society. “I am so happy I decided to do it and become more cultured in the deaf community, and I’ve had the chance to teach other people ASL through the honors society.” 

Throughout high school, she’s had to learn how to juggle school and dance.  “I have become really good at time management from splitting my time up and getting things done when they need to be.” Time management and meeting deadlines are skills many students struggle with, so Prado building on this skill now is an achievement she can continue throughout the rest of her life. 

Besides being an influence and having memorable times in ASL Honors Society, Prado expresses that her favorite high school memories are ones she made with her best friends at football games and school dances, “those memories I feel are going to be the ones that stick with me forever.”

As Prado wishes Hudson High School farewell, she gives a piece of advice to incoming and current students. “Be more outgoing, do things that will make you happy and don’t be afraid of what others say. Work hard in classes, and find friends who will support you and be there for you no matter what.” 

Good luck Quin as you continue your journey as a student and dancer at Butler University!

$200
$500