Mrs. Frammartino-Kotlyn becomes the new unit principal for HHS

Hudson City Schools
Mrs. Frammartino-Kotlyn is the new unit principal at Hudson High School this year. Previously, she worked as a guidance counselor at the school.

Joining the Hudson High School team only 2 years ago, Mrs. Frammartino-Kotlyn became the unit principal after Mr. Miller filled the shoes of Mr. Wilch. 

Before arriving in Hudson, she worked as a school counselor at Woodridge for 14 years in both middle and high school levels. However, Mrs. Frammartino started her career in Seminole, Florida, at Osceola High School. She worked there for about a year and half before moving back to Ohio to be with family. 

She was inspired to work in education and with students from her parents. Her dad was a world language teacher, teaching both French and Spanish, eventually becoming a superintendent and retiring. Her mom taught second grade, so she had a lot of inspiration in pursuing education. Originally wanting to become a PE health teacher and coach volleyball from her own elementary school PE teacher, she took a different path into going to college for business. This is where she earned her undergraduate degree. After years of sports marketing and event planning she decided to go back to school to become a school counselor. 

When she found out that we were looking for a new unit principal, Mrs. Frammartino applied and received the job. 

Even though she isn’t in the guidance wing of the high school anymore, she still uses her skills when talking to students and parents. “I still like that I am able to offer them resources and support…and mainly help them to be their best selves.” Her goal is not to assign a consequence, but work with the families and students. She does not necessarily miss her old job as a counselor because she feels that the supportive and great team is still there for her. She definitely feels that she is able to receive advice about her new position as unit principal from the amazing team in the office: Mr. Miller, Mr. Cuva, and Mr. Sedlack and the others. 

Mrs. Frammartino-Kotlyn is excited for the upcoming year and the many more to come. She began her career in Hudson during the 2019-2020 school year, which is when the Covid protocols were put in place. Being able to start a new school year without restrictions is very exciting to her, along with the rest of the students and staff. When she sees the students, staff, and community come together for football games and pep rallies it brings a sense of joy and normalcy to her. 

Mrs. Frammartino-Kotlyn’s advice for the students at HHS is, “To be the best version of yourself.” She wants everyone to be able to thrive and have successful student careers. 

$200
$500