The Student News Site of Hudson High School

The Explorer

The Explorer

The Explorer

Jaggar Pallay: Quarterback in one world, bassist in another

Jagger Pallay on the field during a football game.
Jagger Pallay

Quarterback for the football team. Bassist for The Pallay Boys. There might not be a more versatile and creative person than senior Jaggar Pallay. Pallay has been a leader and a person to lean on both at school and on the field and is known to all as a kind and caring person. Although faced under pressure with the many activities he is involved in, he says that those kinds of challenges are what makes him who he is. 

Pallay says that his father was who “got [him] into football when [he] was super young to play flag football” and that “his brother was playing [football] at the time.” He goes on to say how “football is a really cool sport because you almost spend more time playing football than you do at home.” It’s pretty clear that Pallay is serious about football and it shows on the field. As of September 26th 2022, Pallay has 516 passing yards and five passing touchdowns with only one interception over the course of five games. Oh, and did I mention that the Hudson High School Varsity Football team is undefeated?     

When Pallay was a sophomore, he played under Hudson-renowned quarterback Jacob Paltani. Pallay says that he learned many things from Paltani, including leadership and being kind and caring to both their class and to underclassmen. As a senior, Pallay believes that it is their duty to help the underclassmen and Paltani was a great inspiration. Pallay goes on to explain how he also “looks up to his brother because he went through the same thing [Pallay] went through. He played football and he was a quarterback.”

Pallay feels that football has helped with critical thinking under pressure and “a combination of being confident in [himself] and his teammates.” Possibly the biggest part of Jaggar’s football career are the connections he has made on the football team. Ronan Spohn and Zane Zarges, teammates of Pallay, claim that he is “always there to pick you up if you mess up.” 

Pallay says that he has made many connections and friends in high school, but he has made the most of his friends through the football team and his band, the Pallay Boys. Pallay plays the bass in an 80’s rock and roll band. Being a part of many activities and being able to create memories with those people is what makes high school fun. People do not understand how important and fun it is to do extracurriculars simply for the amount of amazing people you will meet. Pallay is thinking of continuing this band through college. 

Off the football field, Pallay plays bass in the family band, The Pallay Boys. He plans to continue his music career by attending college near Nashville, as he feels that’s where the music is. (Jagger Pallay)

Pallay’s plan for the future is to continue his passion for music and “go to a college somewhere down near Nashville, Tennessee because that is where music is big.” He wants to focus on getting a degree but also pursuing his love for music. Pallay does not plan on playing football in college. The advice he has for underclassmen is to just take things day by day. “As hard and as stressful as it may be, try to enjoy everyday.” 

The most important thing to take away from this is to do the things you love to do. Pallay agrees, stating how football has created his strongest bonds. Doing the things you love with the people you like is a healthy and fun experience. Memories like these will last a lifetime and the hobbies you take up now could influence your future. So what are you waiting for? Be like Jaggar Pallay. Take up a hobby, and don’t ever be afraid to get out of your comfort zone.

$200
$500