Hudson Girls Varsity Soccer Team: Social leads to success

Ken Klemencic
Members of the Hudson Girls Varsity Soccer Team during a game against Nordonia.

In their 2023 season, Hudson Girls Varsity Soccer is determined to make it to the finals and win. Both players and coaches have held firm in their resolve to succeed, putting in the hard work to make this season a success for the Lady Explorers.

One of the most important aspects of their success is developing camaraderie since a close team does best on the field. Sophomores Chloe Bigham and Chloe Yanoff and junior Delaney Halstead shared their perspective on why their team is so successful. Bigham stated, “I think one of the reasons our team is so successful on the field is because we have such a close bond off the field, hanging out most days after practice.”

Yanoff and Bigham agreed that having that team connection off the field has played a huge role in the outcomes of their games. “The upperclassmen always make us feel included in the team as well as take the time to get to know each other off the field. Some of these players are my best friends and the connection shows on the field,” Bigham said.

Between the three players, it is clear that the friendships formed between teammates help push their team to success. Halstead shared, “I can’t wait to continue playing with some of my teammates in the next few years.” She added that the team’s happy and positive atmosphere is crucial to winning.

The players shared details of the friendships they have formed on the team. “Two of my best friends on the team are Peyton Pierce and Ellie Miele. The three of us making Varsity freshman year was such a fun experience. Meeting new people and becoming so close with the team is something I will never forget. Soccer is not only a sport, it’s been a big part of my life making new friends,” Halstead recalled. She added how much easier and fun it is playing with this team with the friendships they have formed.

Freshman varsity player Molly Grady said, “I was nervous coming into the high school soccer program this year. I’ve played with many of the girls on the team in past years but playing on this level is always intimidating. So far this season I have met so many new friends and feel so connected with the team. Playing with them has never been so fun as we have such a bond now. Hanging out after practice and games has made this season unforgettable. I’m looking forward to continuing playing with this team for the years to come.”

This season, the players expect to do well with the schedule ahead, hoping to make it to regionals and take home the victory. The girls also hope to continue strengthening their friendships and that it will reflect the outcome of this season. It’s clear how much of an impact this team has on the lives of its players, athletically and socially. The Hudson Lady Explorers  Varsity Soccer team is special in a way that extends beyond the field.

$200
$500