Nathaniel Pierre Louis: HHS’s Class Sweetheart and more

Nathaniel Pierre Louis
Louis walks down HHS’s Memorial Field with his parents during Senior Night. On this special night, the Marching Band members and spectators honor seniors like Louis for participating in band during his senior year of high school.

Nathaniel Pierre Louis has been a breath of fresh air for the Hudson Community. His kindness has not only brought smiles to the students and staff of Hudson High School, but also changed their view of life to be more positive. 

Six years ago, Pierre Louis and his family moved all the way from buzzing Southern California to the small suburban town of Hudson, Ohio. 

Pierre Louis and his family decided to move across the country for a “greater opportunity” in their family, personal life and, more specifically, education. 

The Hudson City School District has not only brought a better education for Pierre Louis, but has also brought him an opportunity to join his favorite clubs, extracurriculars and volunteering events. 

“Within our school I participate in Hudson Community First, the band, African American Awareness Club, and French Honors Society, to name a few,” Pierre Louis listed. 

Outside of school, Pierre Louis enjoys volunteering at his church. He helps the preschoolers with tasks such as running the media and as a room helper when they split into small groups. 

Pierre Louis’ kindness was noticed immediately by teachers throughout the Hudson Middle School and High School. Dr. Kim Cockley, head principal of Hudson Middle School, even gave Pierre Louis the Ohio Middle Level Association Award when he was in eighth grade. This award honored him for being a Northeast Ohio student leader and showing outstanding character, scholarship and service. 

Pierre Louis has had the privilege of receiving many other awards in HHS for his generosity and positive influence on others. Some of these big awards that HHS has recognized him with include the Student of the Month award from December 2021 and a student-voted senior superlative award for being HHS’s Class Sweetheart. 

Pierre Louis stated that Jesus has been the biggest role model for his actions, inspiring Pierre Louis to love everyone and to do what is right in the eyes of the Lord. 

“I want to be more like him and for others to know the hope he has for us,” Pierre Louis shared. 

Senior Nathaniel Pierre Louis participates in a Hudson Community First event with his peers. During this volunteering event, he helped give treats to the students who came to the Sweet Sensations Cafe at Hudson High School. Used with permission/Nathaniel Pierre Louis.

When Pierre Louis doesn’t have any extracurriculars, volunteering events or club meetings to attend at HHS, he spends his time with his family by watching movies, playing board games and watching videos to learn more about any assortment of topics such as the Bible or other cultures.

Pierre Louis has a lot of amazing memories from HHS and from the people in the Hudson community as a whole.

“My favorite memories include ‘Game Day’ for the marching band, getting to know more about my teachers as they willingly share their stories and meeting kind, new people,” he stated. 

Pierre Louis plans to make even more memories in the fall at Loyola Marymount University. In Los Angeles, he plans to study mechanical engineering.     

The best advice Pierre Louis wants to give to every student at HHS before he goes back to California is to “Keep your head held high. It may be difficult at the moment, but you can do it.”

He will be missed by many from HHS. Pierre Louis has brought immense positivity to HHS, and it won’t be the same without him next year. Loyola Marymount will be extremely lucky to have a kindhearted person like Pierre Louis at their school. 

$200
$500