Seniors Alicia Hoppes, Sunita Bhatia and Katie Bielecki: Forever friends

How three best friends changed Hudson forever.
Alicia Hoppes, Sunita Bhatia and Katie Bielecki at their senior Sadie Hawkins dance. The three best friends share their last dance together and embrace in a hug.
Alicia Hoppes

Alicia Hoppes: Alicia Hoppes is seen on the field in her cheer uniform and with a camera in her hand. Hoppes has been a member of the cheer team for all four years. Her high school career was filled with a bunch of fun memories including one of her favorites being the New Dimensions class trip to New York. Hoppes had the opportunity to be an officer for the Outdoor Society club. She remarks how her advisor Ms. Crecelius opened her up to travel opportunities that she wouldn’t have otherwise had. She was able to gain new experiences and love for nature. 

Hoppes says, “One thing I couldn’t survive high school without is my friends who make classes enjoyable. I feel like they’ve allowed me to be more outgoing in class. Also the school cookies.” 

Alicia Hoppes at her last art show as a senior. She is able to display some of her beautiful photographs of some of her favorite places and friends.

Hoppes will be attending Syracuse University, where she will major in Visual Communications on an Advertising Photography track. Her main goal however, is to have a career in Advertising Photography. 

Sunita Bhatia:  Sunita Bhatia is a symbol of Hudson, as she is known throughout the school for being a helpful hand and a great friend. She has done so many wonderful things for Hudson High School, but the one she is most proud of is her Composting Initiative. The project is still in the works, but she has spent the majority of her senior year of high school establishing a composting program to give access to safe and clean composting to students. This will mitigate organic waste at the high school.

Sunita Bhatia performs with Vocal Impact. (Sunita Bhatia)

Her favorite memory takes place at the Leadership Conference her junior and senior years. There, she played We’re Not Really Strangers. During her high school career she was able to participate in Outdoor Society where she was able to serve as one of the club’s officers her junior and senior years. The club allowed her to get out of her comfort zone and helped her travel internationally and to be exposed to different activities like zip lining and hiking. She exclaims how her friendships during high school are something that she could not have lived without. She will be majoring in Environmental Policy and minoring in Spanish. 

Bhatia shares some wisdom for underclassmen: “My biggest piece of advice to high schoolers is to participate in as many extracurricular activities, clubs and sports as possible. I wasn’t an active member of the school until my junior year, and I definitely felt much more connected to my community once I joined those extracurricular clubs and activities.”

Katie Bielecki:  Katie Bielecki is known around Hudson for being on the Hudson gymnastics and cheerleading teams. Her biggest accomplishment was being the captain of the gymnastics team. When she was younger she always looked up to the gymnastics team. When she was younger she always looked up to the captains and upperclassmen so for her to be in their position is very surreal for her. She was very excited to set a good example for her team.

Her favorite memory from high school was going to Quebec with her French class. She learned so much about the culture of Quebec and it was a great way for her to practice her French she had been learning the previous years.  Her favorite club she participated in was the Italian club with Madame Schiele. As for her cheerleading career, she loved going to practice and the games. The season was even better because she was able to be there with some of her best friends.

Katie Bielecki poses for her senior pictures. One of her best friends, Alicia Hoppes, was her photographer.

Her favorite memory of the cheer team was blasting music and singing along. For the future, she is majoring in chemical engineering at Miami University. She chose Miami because it isn’t too far away from home and how beautiful the campus is. When she visited the college she truly envisioned herself there.

Bielecki shares, “My advice would be to just have fun and try something new. There are so many clubs and sports and activities available that I’m sure you will find something you love.” 

$200
$500