The Student News Site of Hudson High School

The Explorer

The Explorer

The Explorer

Kaleigh Bayoumy turns hallways into runways

Kaleigh Bayoumy posing in a patterned summer dress.
Kaleigh Bayoumy

Kaleigh Bayoumy, a senior at Hudson High School, is someone who catches your eyes as she walks down the hallway. Her fashion sense cannot be denied, as she always seems to style herself with such ease. “Fashion to me is dressing how you like and in what makes you confident to present yourself to others in,” Bayoumy states. From an outside perspective, Bayoumy’s outfits are always on point as she seems to dress with such ease. 

Her outfit inspiration comes from looking on social media platforms such as Pinterest and aiming to recreate them for herself. “I just kind of go on my own, but I’m also influenced by what my friends wear and what I see other people wearing, but not like any celebrities or anything like that.”  It’s clear that Bayoumy adds her own style to her outfits to make them more unique to her which keeps her fashion sense on point. Bayoumy would describe her style as, “… kind of basic with a lot of platform shoes with jeans or shorts.” The recent trend in fashion seems to be a more clean, modern, and timeless look – something Bayoumy loves. “I like more of the timeless look. I like buying things that I think I’ll wear for a long time because I don’t like to be wasteful.” Of course, we’ve all purchased clothing items that were very trendy when originally purchased, but looking back on them – not so much. She reflects on the past outfits and says, “I definitely don’t like things that I bought from Hollister in like 2018. I just cannot put them on to wear.” 

It’s always good to have an outfit idea in the back of your pocket for any situation. It can save you time, effort, and money! “I really like wearing short, cropped tank tops with long skirts and Doc Martens,” as her favorite go-to outfit. 

You might be wondering where Bayoumy gets all of her pieces from, or even wanting to recreate some of her looks. “I really like thrift stores like Village Discount and Savors in Cleveland, but besides that, I really like Urban Outfitters.” Thrifting is an inexpensive way to have shopping sprees since you get more items for less money. You can also find some really trendy and fashionable vintage clothes by thrifting. If you’re not new to thrifting, you’ve probably heard the idea of going into it without a specific idea in mind as a way to keep your options open. Bayoumy explains her approach by saying, “Sometimes I go in with an open mind, but for things like winter, even though I want tank tops and shorts, they’re something I don’t need at that time. For this past summer though, I went thrifting for long skirts because I was going to Egypt where you can’t really show your legs. For this trip, I would only be looking at the long skirt and dress selection when I went to thrift.” 

We all know that with the different seasons, comes different styles. Some people enjoy the warmer weather while others prefer the cold solely because of the fashion trends that are used then. Bayoumy enjoys the cooler months overall. “I like summer because that’s just what I have the most clothes for. However, I like fall as well because you can be versatile and layer your clothes. I also love sweaters, so that’s always exciting.” 

Kaleigh Bayoumy wearing a thrifted summer outfit. (Kaleigh Bayoumy)

Bayoumy doesn’t just depend on the clothes. She also enjoys adding certain accessories to enhance her outfits which also doesn’t go unnoticed. “I have three piercings in my ears, so I love wearing earrings in all of them. For jewelry, I don’t like mixing metals, so it’s either gold or silver. Sometimes, though, I just look at an outfit and look at my jewelry and think, ‘yeah that goes together.’ I also love Doc Martens.” Most of us envy the kinds of people like Bayoumy who can just see the outfit fall into place perfectly. She explains that sometimes she gets compliments on her outfits, “…but it depends on how much effort I put in that day.” 

Bayoumy easily shares her tips and tricks for anyone who is interested in investing in fashion. “Go thrifting, take inspiration from others, and don’t be afraid to mimic what you like and what you see. Also join the Fashion Club.” For more information on fashion club, ideas on what to wear, or if you’re feeling like complimenting someone’s outfit, don’t be afraid to talk to Kaleigh Bayoumy!

$200
$500