Drop the Beat Productions returns as DJ for Winter Formal

“Drop the Beat Productions is a full-service DJ, photo booth, and special event production provider based out of Greater Cleveland. We specialize in school dances and events, corporate events, fundraisers, weddings, and more!” Used with permission/Gus Ruggiero.

For this year’s school dances, Drop the Beat Productions has taken over as the DJ, replacing DJ Smoov. 

Drop the Beat Productions premiered at Hudson High during Homecoming last September and will be returning for the rest of the dances for the year, including Winter Formal. This is the second year the Yearbook and Journalism classes have been in charge of organizing Winter Formal, and they have decided to stick with the new DJ due to positive responses from the student body. 

“We changed the DJ because Drop the Beat Productions focuses more on school events and is more in tune with what students want,” shared Stefanie Crecelius, advisor for Yearbook and Journalism. “After chaperoning the Homecoming dance, it was clear that Drop the Beat put on a great show that students seemed to enjoy.”

We were thrilled to be a part of Hudson’s 2023 Homecoming,” said Gus Ruggiero, founder and DJ of Drop the Beat Productions. “We were happy to see how much fun the students had and all the feedback we received.” 

The DJ company provides entertainment for a variety of types of events. “Most of our events are school events (Proms, Homecomings, formals, fundraisers, etc.). We also perform at various other functions such as corporate events, fundraisers, private parties and graduation parties,” Ruggiero said. 

Their experience in providing entertainment and making events special is shown through the components of their shows, and not only the music they play. For Winter Formal, they will provide a full lighting set with lasers and snowflake projectors to match the theme of “Winter Wonderland.”

“Drop the Beat is unique in that they also can provide additional decorations to go along with our theme,” Crecelius commented. 

Since 2012, Ruggiero has run the service, and seen the company through its transformation into a prosperous business. Better yet, he enjoys each day on his job and hasn’t looked back since day one.

“The best part of being a DJ is the ability to create unforgettable moments at our events. Being able to read the crowd and selecting the perfect song to pack the dancefloor is a great feeling.” Ruggiero claims. “We are very fortunate to be a part of Hudson’s dances this year. We love working with the students and staff to make every dance bigger and better. We can’t wait for the remainder of our events with Hudson this school year!”

To see Drop the Beat Productions in action, come to Winter Formal this Saturday from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Hudson High School.

$150
$500