The Student News Site of Hudson High School

The Explorer

The Explorer

The Explorer

Ella Choi’s claim to fame

A look into the life of the Hudson High School senior who has accomplished so much
Ella Choi before her big performance at the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville featured practicing with her guitar. Used with permission/Ella Choi.

Homecoming Queen, Varsity Soccer Captain, Chamber Choir member and so much more.

Ella Choi is a friend to all and is known to be one of the kindest souls many have ever met. One of Choi’s best friends, Junior Sammy Rosenberg, speaks with love for Choi. “Personally, Ella is someone I want to be exactly like. She inspires me everyday to choose kindness, spread happiness and look on the bright side. She’s one of the most inspiring and role model worthy people I know.”

Choi inspires people everyday effortlessly. She loves to make people around her happy and spread joy in any way she possibly can. Outside of school and choir, she is a singer and songwriter. Her favorite musical artist since she was young was Taylor Swift. She shares how how all throughout her childhood she loved listening to Swift and music in general, “I would watch videos and read books about her, and her songwriting inspired me to start playing guitar and writing songs.”

She also reveals that she has been singing since she was four or five. “I would sing along to songs in the car and then I started doing karaoke at home. I was in a children’s choir at my church and I started learning songs on my own after I got my first guitar.” Rosenberg says, “She’s a talented singer who one day will be just as big as Taylor Swift.”

Choi first publicly performed when she was in 6th grade. Ever since then, she has performed in coffee shops, and over the summer, she got to open for country music star Lauren Alaina at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum in Nashville, TN.

Along with singing, Choi is an extremely talented songwriter. Her greatest accomplishment so far in life was “Getting to record a song that I wrote in Historic RCA Studio B in Nashville over the summer.”

Choi has many different inspirations for her writing. “I write about things going on in my life, and usually use songwriting as a way to express emotion about hard things that have happened.” Choi does have one main inspiration in her life, which is her mom. Choi says her mom is, “The kindest person on the planet and treats everyone with respect. She is a very hard worker, finds joy in the little things and is able to handle all situations with grace.” Choi shares that she wants to be just like her.

With soccer, singing, friends and everything else going on in Choi’s life she admits “I LOVE schedules which helps me to stay organized.” Having a schedule helps her plan everything going on in her very busy life.

Music is something that Choi hopes to pursue throughout her life. She will be heading off to college next year at Belmont University where she will major in Songwriting and minor in Music Business.

Choi’s music and determination has been recognized by everyone around her. Rosenberg says, “She’s had a goal in her life to pursue music and has taken every step and opportunity to make it there. She’s worked her butt off through music writing groups, performances and more.”

Ella Choi is an inspiration to everyone around her, a musical genius and an all around amazing person. You can tell she is loved by many people around her and is someone who will be greatly missed next year when she graduates.

$200
$500